Love our sheets? Want some for yourself? No problem! Our guests tell us all the time that they sleep better on our Comphy sheets and we’ve found that nothing else feels and lasts like Comphy! Invest in your sleep quality and get 10% off when you purchase through us. Simply go to COMPHEY sheets, choose your size, color, product and then give us a call at 210-251-5766. We will have them drop-shipped directly to your door within 5-7 business days.
NEED A GIFT CARD? Give us a call and we can email you a lovely certificate for an overnight stay or a solo retreat option!
CELEBRATING A SPECIAL EVENT? Give us a call and we can discuss adding in fresh flowers, a fruit/meat/cheese tray, cake or whatever else you need. Cost is a $20 concierge fee plus the cost of items purchased on your behalf (with a minimum 7-day advance notice).
“TO DO” – FAVORITE THINGS!!!
There is much to do in the Texas Hill Country and we are almost equal distances between San Antonio, Boerne, and Bandera…an easy drive to Fredericksburg, Johnson City, Comfort, San Antonio, New Braunfels/Gruene, San Marcos, and Austin (though a bit further). Here are a few of our CLOSE BY favorites:
Pipe Creek — Clean air, beautiful hills, peaceful quiet serenity, and far away from the maddening crowd! From here, you can “day-trip” to almost all of the HILL COUNTRY CITIES, so it makes a great home base to travel from. Plus, there are awesome local options!
- FOOD: Backyard Bistro – Farm to Market options with a cute outside area. Music on many Saturday nights. Best “close by” restaurant plus wonderful home-made ice cream.
- SHOPPING: Country Accents Antiques (it is in FRONT of the Backyard Bistro – making it a bit hard to find the Bistro… we think you’d enjoy checking out both!)
- WINE: Within walking distance (weekends only) and just two blocks down the hill is Timber Ridge Winery which sells bottles only of their two personal blends that are delightful. [If you want more established grapeyard vineyard locations, outside of Pipe Creek, here are some favorites.]
- FUN/RELAXATION: Our guest rave about the authentic Horseback riding experience at Cross G Ranch, or simply sit outdoors, look at the stars, listen to nature, enjoy the crackle, smell and glow of the fire pit, take a walk up or down the hills near Bella Green, hang out in the exercise room, grab a book from the library, bring their own hammock(s) to have a swing, book a massage &/or infra-red sauna session at Bella Green, or consider a private WATSU session at Deer Creek Sanctuary.
Boerne — Antiques / Art / Great Food & Shopping! Year round parades, festivals, and cultural events fill the air with music and merriment. The Kendall County Fair, Chocolate Walk, Berges Fest, Wings Over Boerne, Parade of Artists, Cibolo Songs & Stories, Harvest Moon Celebration, Abendkonzerte, Weihnachts Fest, Dickens on Main, Boerne Market Days and the Key to the Hills Rod Run are some of the activities that draw people from near and far away. http://www.visitboerne.org/
Our recommended favorites include:
- SHOPPING: EVERYTHING on Main Street (great boutiques, antique stores, and resale shops!)
- FOOD: Cypress Grill, The Creek, Dodging Duck Brewhaus (our overall favorite casual restaurant!), 259 Brantley’s Bistro+Drink Texas Biergarten is directly behind it (Live music most Saturday nights), Chilito’s Express, Piknik Cafe (inside Nature’s Presence Health Store) Dog and Pony Grill – best salad bar in the area, Boerne Epicure
- FUN: 2nd Saturdays Art Walk and FREE Shuttle Bus (monthly during Market Days!), Cave Without a Name & Cascade Caverns, Hill Country Paddle Sports & Sup Yoga, River Road Park (bring seeds to feed the ducks) &/or walk the old train tracks, Cibolo Nature Center, Enchanted Springs Ranch
- ARTS: Boerne Community Theater and Boerne Performing Arts
- Like Wine? Boerne Wine Company
- Like Beer? Drink Texas Biergarten – Random Beer Garden – Dodging Duck Brewhaus – Boerne Brewery (free tasting tours on Fridays only from 2-4:45 pm)
Bandera — Cowboy Capital of the World. Visiting Bandera is like stepping back to an old-time rustic Western town, full of dude ranches, cattle and horses, and trial rides, and where chivalry, live music and dancing abound. There is a spirit of independence here – and a special pride that speaks to the cowboy tradition of hard work and hard play. http://banderacowboycapital.com/contents.cfm?pg=todo
Our recommended favorites include:
- FUN: Bandera City Park (on the river), Hill Country State Natural Area, Rodeos – seasonal, Kayaking or Floating the river (seasonal), Horseback riding – MANY options to choose from (contact Hill Country State Natural for providers or try www.banderahistoricalrides.com, www.facebook.com/pages/Juniper-Hill-Stables, www.silverspur-ranch.com
MUSIC: 11th Street Cowboy Bar – Grab your cowboy hat and boots and come out for a cold beer, LIVE MUSIC and dancing!
- EDUCATIONAL: Visit the Bandera Natural History Museum, Frontier Times Museum, Polly Peak Chapel
- SHOPPING: Gunslinger’s (hands down Karen’s favorite store!), Love’s Antiques and Collectables Mall (you can get lost inside here – very fun!), Graceful, The Western Store
- FOOD: Brick’s River Cafe, Dogleg Coffee House, China Bowl on Main Street, Bandera General Store (We love their Soda Fountain!), Chicken George’s food truck.
San Antonio: Our favorite places include the Riverwalk (and Boudro’s to eat), walking the SA Missions, Pearl Brewery area (and all the food there) plus their weekend Farmer’s Market, the Zoo, the botanical garden, lots of great Museums, Seaworld, Fiesta Texas, the majestic homes in King Williams (and Mad Hatter Tea House is in this area), the trolley cars, the riverboat taxis and tours, bike rentals along the Riverwalk, and Segway tours. WE LOVE THIS BIG CITY!! http://visitsanantonio.com/
Other favorites to explore:
- Helotes – Flores Country Store has great live music! El Chaparral Mexican Resturant and Market Days!
- Bergheim – The Guadalupe River is usually a not crowded and awesome place to tube, kayak and, or canoe. Rent yours at Bergheim River Outfitters and Campground. O’Brien’s is a really nice restaurant too.
- Sisterdale/Comfort/Fredericksburg – Don’t miss the wine tours and tastings, antiques and shopping; Enchanted Rock (contact Texas Climbing Adventures if you want to climb), Wildseed Farms, Main Street(s), Medina Hoff Winery, Artisan’s at Rocky Hill, helicopter tours, Sunset Grill (Fredericksburg), High’s Cafe (Comfort), Fredericksburg Herb Farm, the Sculpture Ranch (Fredericksburg), and roadside peaches when in season!
- Vanderpool – Lost Maples State Park (especially beautiful in the Fall but we like it all the OTHER times because the crowds are so small and we are often the only one’s there).
- San Marcus – this is our FAVORITE (but can be too crowded) river to tube because of the crystal clear water PLUS and they have a GIANT outlet mall! Food favorites: The Root Cellar, Shade Rooftop Patio Bar, Boho Bites and Dick’s Classic Garage.
- Gruene – It is super fun to walk and explore the “old town” Gruene Square and its many shops, restaurants, galleries, and music (the famous Gruene Dance Hall! is here). Favorite dining spots: Gruene River Grill, Riverhouse Tea Room, Mosie’s Bar and Grill, Boho Bites.
- New Braunfels – Old World Charm plus Schliterbaum Water Park, Landa Park with its wonderful natural swimming hole with ropes to swing from, Natural Bridge Caverns (we love caves!) and Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. Plus New Braunfels overflows with old-world heritage and small town charm.
- Austin – a hidden favorite is the Hamilton Pool (waterfalls) on the Pedernales River, Zilker Park, Barton Springs, Lake Travis, the bats at Congress Ave. Bridge, Whole Foods (its ORIGINAL location), the many food trucks, Shady Grove Restaurant, Jester King Brewery, and much more! To find LIVE MUSIC locally: http://www.reverbnation.com/main/local_scene
ARE YOU LOOKING TO HAVE YOUR DREAM WEDDING IN THE HILL COUNTRY? We have a sister property nearby that can host groups as small as 10 and as large as 100, and a second one that hosts up to 250! Contact us for more details.